Ok, so I think since we are living in Korea, we should figure out what the general population is eating in Seoul. Menupan is a top food site in Seoul and they have a daily top restaurants list. I often go to it and check out what Koreans are eating. I have decided to give you one of my secrets to figuring out how to find good restaurants in the city. Of course, these restaurants cater to Korean palates, so you might not find them all so appetizing, but it's not a bad launching point. Oh, and Menupan has coupons. Don't you love saving money?
You can check out menupan here:
You have to read Korean, but it's worth it.
Here is the list translated for you if you are lazy:
1. Florence. It's over by Ewha and it serves up heavily sauced faux Italian.
2. Hwa Ssi 167 Do. It's in Gangnam Gu Cheong Exit 3 and they serve up Korean Food.
3. Lochef. Steak and Pasta over by Hwehwa station. They have fancy steaks and pasta on their menu. It doesn't look half bad. It's expensive, but...it looks good.
4. Cfood Kitchen. Seafood buffet. It looks like they've got a nice spread and for 19,000, it doesn't seem bad. It is over by Doksan Station.
5. Sokbul 1978. Fancy Steak over by Myeongdong exit 3. They can dress up a minutes worth of steak to look like a million dollars...and you only have to pay W29,000 for the privilege.
6. Primo Bacio Baci. Ok. I've eaten here and it's not bad for the price. The place always has a line and they have decent pizza, salads, and they don't gauge out your eye on wine. It's in Hongdae out exit 5.
7. Sao paulo. I don't know how it sounds but it is a Brazilian Steak place over by Gyodae Station (Seoul National University of EDUCATION exit 14). It looks alright. I'd be willing to check it out.
8. Freshville. It's got foreign food and steak. It's over by Samseong Station exit 4. It looks like the serve up a lot of steak on the cheap. The interior has a very...X-mas feel to it. Feliz Navidad.
9. My Chai. It looks like a smiley face that's really expensive to eat. Lots of yellow, fancy plating, and small portions. Yeah...let's see. If you wanna give it a try head out to Gongteong Station exit 4.
10. The Crab House. I'd actually like to give this place a try. It's over by Apgujeon Station Exit 4 and it looks like good seafood. You've got whole crabs done tempura and sauce. They also have pastas that start at 12,000. Not bad...so why is it at 10? Hmmmm....Don't know.
So that's the first post on what the Menupan thinks you should be eating. What do you think? Should I do this every week?