Aronia Berries in Danyang CityFriday, August 23, 2013
I love berries. I mean I think most people do, right? They are delicious and I feel I get a lot of energy after eating them. I have to say that my favorite berry is blueberry. When I traveled to Nova Scotia I ate and drank many many pounds of those berries. It's not just because of the taste, I think there is something in them that makes me crave the berry- it's like there is something in the berry that my body needed so I have to consume as much as possible.
Recently, our company in conjunction with the Korea Culinary Tourism Association (KoCTA) is working with Danyang City, South Korea to promote the Aronia Berry. This year on This berry which is originally from North America has been eaten for over 100 years and they have been known to be a popular health berry. The Aronia berry, which is also known as the chokeberry has the highest concentration of antioxidants of all fruits.
You know how Korea is obsessed with health, well...it is believed that this berry can prevent aging. Actually all antioxidants prevent aging (but remember, the aronia berry has the most antioxidants of all berries).
This fruit contains alot of C3G which is Cyanidin 3-Guluoside. This is found in dark fruits and veggies and helps prevent aging by protecting against "free radical induced DNA damage."
It also has a lot of Anthocyanin which is really important for cells and tissues. It gets rid of inflammation, free radicals, and reduces cancer risks.
Benefits of Aronia Berry
Aronia Berry can be helpful in:
- Promoting blood sugar control;
- Reduction of cardiovascular risk factors;
- Antioxidants are commonly used as medication and treat various forms of brain injury.
Aronia Berry helps the body in its fight against:
- allergies; and
- cancer-causing agents - known as carcinogens.
Antioxidants prevent degenerative conditions caused by free radicals including:
- Deterioration of eye lens which contributes to blindness;
- Inflammation of the joints (Arthritis);
- Damage to nerve cells in the brain which contribute to conditions such as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s Disease;
- Acceleration of the ageing process;
- Increased risk of coronary heart disease; and,
- Certain cancers triggered by damaged cell DNA.
The benefits of Aronia Berry extract, can include:
- Anti-aging - for skin and body;
- Overall boosting of immune system;
- Aiding the detoxification process;
- Helping the digestive system;
- Effect dieting;
- Relieving of some allergy symptoms;
- Improving and protecting eye sight;
- Prevention of Diabetes;
- Assisting anti-inflammation;
- Reducing the risk of cancer;
- Prevention of Parkinson's disease;
- Reduction of high blood pressure;
- Protection against heart disease;
- Improvement of blood circulation;
- Lowering of cholesterol;
- Limiting the risk of Arteriosclerosis;
- Increasing focus and memory;
- Improving fertility for men and women and;
- Reduction of effects of radiation exposure.In the former SSSR (Ukraine), Aronia Berries were used to help people who suffered from radiation from the Chernobyl Catastrophe in 1986.
Foods made from Aronia
The berry is like cranberry. It is quite tart and almost inedible when eaten raw, but when sweetened or made into a juice it is quite delicious. I like some of the creative takes on the berry such as as a topping for steak or on salads. They also taste great on the side as a snack. I particularly like them on cereal with milk with some sunflower seeds. It is quite good and I love the contrast of chewy and sweet and salty and crispy.
Now Korea is starting to grow Aronia in Korea in the Danyang of Korea. On September 9th in Danyang, the Danyang Aronia Agricultural Association Corporation will be holding their first international symposium. They will have a number of very important figures in the world of Aronia, including Professor Iwona Kamila Wawer. I think it will be a very important step in Korea's goal to become a top Aronia developer.
The information is below and I hope that you will try and visit.