Different Variations of the dish include Pumpkin, Sweet potato, Perilla Leaves, and chewy rice cake.
Foreigners love this dish because they prefer chicken to pork or beef. Also, it’s fun and interactive to eat. It’s like hot wings but cooked in a pan right in front of you!
Spicy Chicken Barbecue (Dakgalbi)
Boneless chicken 150g
Spring onion 20g
Chili paste 1Tbsp, Chopped garlic 1/2tsp
Chopped spring onion 1tsp, Soy sauce 1/2 Tbsp
Sesame oil 1tsp, Water 2/3c, Sugar 1/2 Tbsp
1. Slice or cut vegetable and chicken into small chunks.
2. In a hot pan sear the chicken and saute the vegetables except
for spring onions.
3. Add sauce and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add more water as necessary.
5. Cook until all ingredients are cooked and sauce has thickened.
|From Myeongdong 1-bonji in Chuncheon|
|Chicken Fried Rice|
|Poor Chicken. Even the Eggs are Delicious|