CLOSED: Toque's Thanksgiving Dinner
TOQUE HAS CLOSED...So Sad...
This is the e-mail I received from Chef Jane Chang. She has been doing Thanksgiving in Seoul for many years, and in my option the best. Be sure to make reservations and don't be late or you'll mix your spot.
Dear Toque Friends,
I hope everyone is enjoying a good 2009. The season for Toque's annual Turkey Time has come around again. We have already received email and phone calls asking about our Thanksgiving feast and people have already started making reservations. It seems that everyone is waiting for this time to come around. So this is what will be happening:
- November 26, 2008 (Thursday)
- Toque's Annual Thanksgiving All-U-Can-Eat Turkey Buffet
(Juicy Turkey w/ Gravy, Stuffing, Mashed Potato, Cranberry Sauce, Broccoli-Cheese Gratin, Tuna Noodle Casserole, Candied Sweet Potato, Sauteed Green Beans Amandine, Salad, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cake, and More!!)
- Adults: \35,000 per person plus 10% VAT Children under 10: \20,000 plus 10% VAT
- Reservation times will be limited to two blocks - 6:00 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
: When making your reservation, please tell us what time you would prefer coming.
- Seating is limited so I urge you to call ASAP!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to limited seating, we end up having a long wait-list. In order to try to accommodate everyone who wants to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving, we need EXACT number of reservation in your party. We will be calling you a few days in advance in order to confirm your reservation and after confirmation, WE WILL HAVE TO CHARGE FOR THE NUMBER OF RESERVATION EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE DOESN'T SHOW UP. Please confirm with all the members of your party so that everyone will be able to make it on time and you will not have to pay for no-show.
- For those of you who call in too late or want to enjoy their Thanksgivng meal at home:
:TAKE-OUT TURKEY will be available again this year. Either half a turkey(serves about 4-6) or whole turkey(serves about 8-12) with gravy, mashed potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, string beans amandine, tuna noodle casserole and pumpkin pie.
: We will only be taking orders until November 19, Thursday, and will not be able to take anymore orders after that.
: We will only be selling a limited number of turkey, so please make your plans in advance and we will try to accommodate you as much as we can.
: Half a turkey will cost \150,000 plus 10% VAT
: A whole turkey will cost \270,000 plus 10% VAT
I hope everyone will be able to enjoy a good turkey this coming holiday season either with Toque or somewhere else.
For parties of 15 or more, we also do private turkey dinners (except on Thanksgiving day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) so please let us know if you're interested and we will be glad to be a part of your holiday event.
Thank you for your interest and hope to see you all for Thanksgiving!!
Jane Chang; Toque Staff
장정은 Jane Chang
Owner/Chef Toque Diner
682-1 Hannam-Dong Yongsan-Gu, Seoul